9/10/08

HOLDING ON TO YOU Terence Trent D'Arby

I left the east side for a west coast beautyA girl who burned my thoughts
like kissesShe was down by street decreeShe swore she'd pull my best years
out
of meFat painted lips on a live wire beautyA tangerine girl with
tambourine
eyesHer face was my favourite magazineHer body was my favourite
book to readThey
say that poets must have as unrequited loveAs all lovers
must have thought
provoking fearsBut holdig on to you means letting go of
painMeans letting go of
tearsMeans letting go of rainMeans letting go of
what's not realHolding on to
youI left the rough side for a seaside babyA
chamomile smile the pouts on cueFor
every moment I breathe her sighHer bosom
contains my sweet alibiIn an emotional
mist she brathes in fogAnd breathes
it out as garden flowersWhy me of all that
tough talking boysI guess she
heard my heartbeat through the noiseThey say that
all poets must have an
unrequited loveAs all lovers must have thought provoking
fearsBut holding on
to youMeans letting go of painMeans letting go of tearsMeans
letting go of
rainHolding on to youMeans letting sorrows healMeans letting go of
what's
not realHolding on to youThey say that all poets must have an unrequited
loveAs all lovers I'm sure must have thought provoking fearsBut holding on
to
youmeans letting sorrows healMeans letting go of what's not realHolding
on to
youI left the east coast for a west coast beautya woman who wet my
thoughts like
kissesshe was down down by street decreeshe swore she'd pull
my best years out
of mefat wet lips on a sea salt canvasGoodbye Picasso
hello Dolly/DaliThe soil
is fertile where her footsteps trodShe's my new
religion she's all I gotThey say
that all poets must have an unrequited
loveas all lovers I'm sure must have
thought provoking fearsBut holding on
to youmeans letting go of tearsmeans
letting go of rainmeans letting sorrows
healIt means letting go of pain

4 comentarios:

Jeanne dijo...

Hay alguien que no para de cambiar el formato de su blog, ejem....no se a quien me refiero...ejem...

:-ppppppp

Carlos LABARTA dijo...

jijiji.... Los electroduendes...
Un besico!

Carlos LABARTA dijo...

jijiji.... Los electroduendes...
Un besico!

Carlos LABARTA dijo...

Bueno, finalmente compruebo que esta magnífica y original canción de este extraño y original también cantante no ha caído muy en gracia de estos bloggeros... Una auténtica pena porque letra es de una construcción muy innovadora, cargadora de un sinfin de imágenes poeticas... Qué se le va a hacer!